Laptops are products with a high average price, which not everyone can afford to pay in a single term. For that reason, on this page, we explain what credits you can finance at the best price. If you are interested in buying a laptop and need a loan, find out how you can get the financing you need so much.
Financing options to buy a laptop
The price of a laptop can range from a minimum of € 250 to a maximum that can exceed € 5,000, depending on the material, design, and brand. If we do not have the money to pay for the computer in cash, we can request financing from the bank, a private lender or a department store to pay it in installments. These are all the options that the market offers us to buy a financed laptop:
- Mini-credits online: these are products usually offered by private equity companies that allow us to get up to 1,200 euros, in a matter of minutes and with a 100% online application process. We can dispose of the money in our account instantly and it will not be necessary to justify the purpose for which we want it, although they are designed to solve emergency or unforeseen situations and never as a usual source of financing. In addition, they are returned within a maximum period of 30 days in a single installment and have an average price of 1.1% per day, that is, 100 euros lent to 30 days will generate 33 euros in interest. As we can see, they are products with a higher price than any other loan and that are reimbursed in a very short period of time.
- Quick credits: like mini-credits, they are granted by private companies, they are requested online, they allow us to have the money in minutes and we can access amounts of up to 5,000 euros. They also have a higher price than personal loans or credit cards, but if we return the money in a few months, we will not have to pay very high-interest rates.
- Credit cards: allow us to have money (with limits) instantly and usually have interests between 12% and 29% APR if we return it in comfortable monthly installments, that is, through deferred payment. However, we will avoid paying interest if we reimburse all the money at the end of the month or at the beginning of the following month, that is, through full payment.
- Credits to the consumption: there are many establishments like Fnac, MediaMarkt, Eroski … in which we can finance the portable one with the conditions that establish. It can be a good option as they occasionally launch offers and promotions that we can take advantage of.
In any case, it is essential that we compare all options, before choosing one or the other. Above all, for the advantages, we can get to our bank and for the occasional promotions that we can find in department stores and private equity entities. In short, we should not stay with the first option we find, we should search and compare.
What kind of laptops can I finance with a loan?
As with the vast majority of technological products, there are a variety of models of laptops. Therefore, depending on the purpose we want to give and the money we are willing to spend, we can buy a laptop or another. These are the main types of mobile computers:
- Netbooks: they are the smallest and most comfortable laptops in the market. They do not have a very high price, for example, we can find models for approximately 250 euros. They have a great autonomy since the battery usually lasts between 5 and 11 hours.
- Ultraportables: before the arrival of netbooks, these were the most requested for greater mobility. They have a screen of about 12 inches, they are thin, light and have a good performance. Its average price is around 1,000 euros, which is why they are considerably more expensive than the previous ones.
- Classic laptops: they are the classic computers and more commercialized since they are valid for all the operations that we want to carry out, although they do not stand out in any. Its screen is usually 15 inches and its hardware is higher performance than previous models. The price is very relative, but we can find them for 500 euros.
- Substitutes to the desktop computer: they are similar to desktop computers because they do not have much autonomy and usually exceed 17 inches. The minimum price that we can find in these products is 1,000 euros.
- Laptops for games: they are very similar to the previous ones in terms of size and little autonomy but have a much more powerful graphics card and its minimum price is somewhat more expensive around 1,200 euros.
- Laptops for business: they are very similar to the classics, but they have certain differential characteristics. For example, they include systems of greater security, better guarantee, more resistance and battery and, evidently, a higher price. The size may vary depending on the type of business for which they are created.
In addition to the types of laptops, we can find different brands that will vary, especially the price of these products, but also their characteristics such as design, operating system or hardware. It is important that we value our economic situation and, above all, the purpose for which we need the money.
Reasons to finance a laptop
If we want to buy any technological item, be it a laptop, a tablet or a mobile phone, the cheapest thing is to pay for it in cash with our own money. However, as the price of these products is usually very high, it can be difficult to cope with the disbursement of our savings. In these cases, asking for a personal loan to finance the purchase of the computer can be a good option, as it will allow us to pay its cost in several monthly installments with a lower economic effort.
If we decide to buy a computer with a credit, the key is to search among all the offers offered by the market and compare them to find the one that best suits our needs. Once we have chosen the loan, we must be completely sure of being able to fulfill all the conditions to which we commit ourselves, above all, returning the money within the established deadlines.
In the event that we opt for a loan from a bank, below, we present the free guide prepared by the experts of HelpMyCash.com “How to request a loan from the bank in 25 questions”. This tool can be very useful to know how to prepare before going to the bank in search of financing, among other issues.